All About Testing
All About Testing:
Millennium provides all types of COVID-19 testing. Your primary-care provider will consult with you to determine which test best suits your needs.
First, contact your Millennium healthcare provider to discuss whether you need testing. If it is determined that you do need a COVID-19 test, you will be given options as to where and how to get tested. Millennium has several sites available for testing once you receive your healthcare provider’s order.
You can contact your doctor’s office through Millennium’s patient portal, online scheduling, or by phone to request a COVID-19 evaluation. If you’d like to become a new patient, call (844) CALL-MPG, (844) 255-5674. If you have a concern about COVID-19 symptoms, make sure to mention that when scheduling an appointment.
Types of Tests
Currently, Millennium is offering four types of COVID-19 tests. Talk with your healthcare provider about which test is best for you.
- PCR (nasal swab): PCR is considered the gold standard of COVID tests and can detect whether you’re actively infected.
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (nasal or throat swab): The COVID-19 Rapid Antigen can also detect whether you’re actively infected, but negative results should be confirmed through PCR.
- Dual COVID-19 Rapid Antigen/Influenza A and B (the ABC Test): The dual COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test is offered in combination with the flu test (influenza A and B), with just one nasal swab.
- Antibody test: An antibody test (blood test) will show if you have antibodies toward a coronavirus, but it can’t confirm an active infection.
- PCR: 24 hours to 7 days
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen: 15 minutes
- Dual COVID-19 Rapid Antigen/Influenza A and B: 15 minutes
- Antibody: 15 minutes to 72 hours